Friday, March 2, 2012

Global warming been berry berry good to me

While filling up the gas tank at one of a string of Reservations through Northern New Mexico, the man on the other side of the pump started up a conversation.
"Do you live around here?"
"No - I'm actually moving from Boise, Idaho to Maryland."
"To Maryland?  What are you doing here?"


Yes, Marc and I decided to spend the first couple of days investing in a trip southward to avoid what might have been dangerous driving conditions through the Colorado Rockies.  We rode through southern Idaho and Utah without encountering one bit of precipitation, making global climate devastation a very convenient truth for the purposes of my travels.


It turns out that we were actually saving ourselves from the mid-west.  According to CNN, it is currently a hotbed of wind storms causing flashing and swirling red graphics to be projected onto a map of the central U.S.  First rule of long-distance driving:  Avoid routes which CNN has projected swirling red graphics onto.


Well -- Marc's already left so I guess I'd better get in the shower and head out on the open road.


See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment